Update on Colorado: Getting a break from the city is always nice, even when I don’t realize how much I’ve needed it. My stomach has kept up for the most part, through both acclimation (cannot believe how fast my heart was racing when we got here, does everyone struggle with that!?) and a (surprisingly snow filled) day of hiking in Winter Park, CO which made me feel like a professional photographer.
Now onto my official tribute to the avocado…. Inspired by all the beautiful changes in color I am seeing here in Colorado, the fact that it is Monday and thus time to be healthy again, and my love for the avocado, I had to post this colorful salad I made last week! (so exciting, I know).
Avocado = the essential ingredient in many dishes I make for 3-4 months out of the year, whether it is for guacamole, toast, or salad. Avocado, I am really going to miss you. In the winter, you are just not the same, but until you are officially out of season I plan on using as much avocado in my salad as possible! Below is an adaptation of my favorite summer salad I showed you guys a few months ago, but with a little fall twist. Enjoy!
Fallin’ Fast Salad
- Bag of Spinach
- 1/2 cup Pomegranates
- 1/2 of the crispiest Apple you can find
- Goat Cheese to taste (I like more than the average person)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Avocado (if you can find one … my Trader Joe’s still has tons!)
- 1/4 cup Pecans (or sliced almonds)
- 1/4-1/3 Tri-color quinoa (not visible in the picture, I put it under the salad before I mixed her all up)
- Garlic Expressions dressing (because it is the best in the game)
What is your favorite fall food? I am starting to think mine is pomegrenates, although I always mess up the spelling.
Happy Monday, folks!